Monday, October 27, 2008

Sometimes being a stay-at-home-mom ROCKS.

Back in high school and college, I usually woke up to an alarm. The worst was when you accidentally woke up like 15 minutes before the alarm went off, and you knew you wouldn't have time to go back to sleep before you had to get up again. This morning I woke up after having a way weird bad dream. I looked at the clock and instinctively thought, "How much longer to I have to sleep? What do I have to wake up for?" And a smile came to my face as I realized that I didn't have to go anywhere today if I didn't want to. In that moment, I was SO grateful to be a stay-at-home-mom.
Aside from the fact that my kids usually get me up earlier than I would like, my life is awesome. I make my own schedule. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, to a certain degree. I obviously need to take care of important things like changing diapers and doing laundry and stuff, but I have an amazing amount of flexibility.
I know this will change when my kids get older and we start having outside influences, like school and soccer teams, telling us where to be and when. But for today, it's all about us just sitting around reading books all day. My mouth is parched because I spent the last half hour or so pretending to eat plastic ice cream cones. (Eva LOVES her new play food - especially the ice cream!) The most pressing things I have to do today are return library books and go to Walmart because I'm out of eggs. Some days, being a mom is the BEST.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Oh yeah! I love planning my own days and doing whatever I want :). I shop way too much as a SAHM.

Lisa said...

My favorite is wearing jeans & t-shirts every day! I hated 'dressing up' for work.