Sunday, January 11, 2009

In summary

Everytime I get up to take care of Leighton in the night, I start blogging in my head. Not on purpose - my brain just does it. But last night he slept through the night. So I didn't get any creative ideas on how to sum up my day yesterday. Plus, I really don't want to remember all the details. So let me just say it this way:

Eva woke up yesterday having an asthma attack. 2 trips to the ER - one at 6:20am and one at 8pm. Got her breathing under control, at last, with steroids. Finally got the exhausted children to bed at 11pm last night. Sometimes life just stinks. The end.

8 comments:

Samye said...

Don't tell me that....I am just petrified of those hospital asthma attacks. BLAH! Thanks for the word of encouragement though!!!

Ali said...

After your awful day, it looks like Leighton chose a great night to sleep through the night.

Poor Eva.

Katie said...

Been there and done that with Alex when he was 2. He was hospitalized because it took some time getting it under control.. Things will get better, they always do.

Chels said...

I am sorry to hear about Eva. Wish I were closer to help. It just breaks your heart to have your kids go through that, but it gets better. Harley luckily has outgrown her asthma and Noah is good at helping keep it under control. With age it does improve. Give the kids love and kisses. And also dont' feel bad about moving on with South Beach, I think your pretty awesome for making as long as you did. Can't wait to see you guys.

Melissa Andreasen said...

At least they will do something for Eva now. I remember in Enid when they just told you sorry, she's too little. I hope you slept good too.

Elisa said...

Oh man! What a day, I'm sorry. I wasondering why you weren't at church. I hope you have auch better day today!

Stacey said...

Oh Steph--you are such a strong woman! I'm taking lots of notes on how to deal with things when Chris starts going away. You're amazing!

Amy said...

I know you don't really know who I am (Grant's sister), but I wanted to post anyway. Sorry about your bad day, but glad to hear that you were able to get things under control. I hope things were better today. This is a big so... Do you know Zach and Leisha Peacock? Leisha's mom comes to me to get her hair done. Zach is a pilot and they live in Washington, maybe it's a long shot but thought I would ask anyway.