Thursday, December 18, 2008

Help!

I haven't left the house since Saturday, other than grocery shopping on Tuesday. I rented a Redbox and every night I get charged another dollar because I haven't taken it back. And I'm not going to. And it wasn't even that great of a movie to begin with. It has been snowing almost straight since then Saturday night, and I'm too afraid to drive on the roads with the kids. I have heard people around here are terrible driving on snow and ice, so I don't dare risk it.

But I am feeling pretty stinking cooped up. I'm considering ordering pizza for dinner, just to have some contact with the outside world. The most I have done today is traipse through the several inches of snow wearing Andrew's boots and coat to get the mail. Thanks to those of you who have sent Christmas cards - they have brightened my day considerably. I wish I had done the same for you all this year...but I didn't. Next year.

If anyone is bored and brave, come visit me. Right now. Please.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just to make you feel better, I haven't left the house today either--not even to get the mail. And when our neighbor rang the doorbell this morning I didn't answer it- because I had just woken up, had my p.j.s still on, and it was 9:30am. Hopefully they think I was out and about, because I would be embarrassed to let them know the truth.

Well atleast you'll be having a White Christmas. Speaking of White Christmas, have you seen that movie? It's one of my fav's, so if you need a good old, heart warming movie, check it out. maybe you already have?

If I lived close you know I'd be over there. Making and eating all your holiday treats!

Lisa said...

Hang in there! You should ask Santa for Netflix for Christmas- no more drives to pick up/drop off the movies! LOVE IT.

Wish I could visit you! I would help you eat all the yummy treats you've been making.

Elisa said...

I feel your pain! I hate the cooped up feeling, and what is making it even worse is that I am sick, so I don't even want to go play in it. I wish I did so I at last could go out in the light! If I was healthy I would come visit, but Jeremy wouldn't let me drive, He went to the store to get me some sudafed, and said the roads were pretty bad, and that was in the middle of the day when it was warmer! I wonder if they will cancel church again? Is andrew gone? Well let me know how you are. Um, I wish I knew some creative fun thing to do to make the time pass, but I am having a hard time coming up with something myself. Oh, Monique had her Baby toay! And everyone is healthy and doing well I hear.