Monday, December 22, 2008

Fence posts wear marshmallow caps

This morning I sat with Eva in my lap in front of our big sliding glass doors in the living room and watched the snow fall. It was beautiful. It reminded me of a poem I memorized when I was little, so I said it to Eva.

Fence posts wear marshmallow caps on a snowy day,
And bushes in their nightgowns are kneeling down to pray.
And all the trees have silver skirts and want to dance away.

This afternoon, after putting both kids down, I sat on my bed and looked out my window at the snow falling again...but this time falling off the trees because it's melting. The sun has come out in answer to my prayers, and is taking away all the snow that might hinder Andrew from coming home to us.

So trees, enjoy your silver skirts for now. Because they are about to fall right off. And I couldn't be happier.

No comments: