Friday, May 30, 2008

Complaining: This is a very negative post. Do not read if you are already in a bad mood. I'm just venting.

I have been in a bad mood the last couple days. And I'm in a complaining mood, so here it is.
-The dishwasher in here is so loud that you have to shout to be heard over it. Annoying.
-There are stinging flies here. Everytime I open the door (which is alot since Eva wants to go out all the time) a couple stupid flies come in. They literally bite. I didn't think this was possible, but it is one thing I HATE about Altus.
-I am so sick of being cooped up, I could throw up. We were supposed to go on a trip to a retreat at Quartz Mountain today to celebrate our anniversary, and we canceled the reservation because we thought we would be going to John's funeral. We still haven't heard any funeral plans, and now we have yet another weekend of sitting around ahead of us. Gag me. I hate television. What I wouldn't give to have something useful to do.
-I have to take Eva to her doctor's appointment by myself today. For some reason, I have this irrational fear when it comes to her being sick. I can't handle it. She screams and cries, and generally I make Andrew deal with her because I just can't do it. He scheduled the appointment yesterday thinking he could come, and he just called saying, "Never mind." My favorite phrase of the week, you know. I hate taking her to the doctor. I'm pretty sure she has an eye infection, so if we have to give her eye drops...be prepared to hear her scream from wherever you live.
-I don't want to be pregnant anymore. I know that sounds harsh and callous, but I am really sick of it. And I'm not that close to being finished yet. All this pounding on my hips and ribcage is unfortunately bugging me more than welling up sweet feelings of loving motherness in my heart.
-Our cleaning lady stinks. She forgets to do things like give us more dishwasher detergent or dishtowels, and it really annoys me. I hate having to leave so she can come in and clean. Like I have anywhere to go with my sick child. So we have a PILE of dirty towels on the floor, and if she doesn't come today while I'm gone to the doctor, I am going to be SERIOUSLY angry.
-I get horrible phone reception here. I have to go outside to talk on the phone. Which would be fine, if it wasn't 3000 degrees. Plus stinging flies.
-There is a stray cat that comes around our house and meows until I want to kill it. It hasn't come around in a couple days, and frankly I hope it is no longer alive. I hate cats--especially stray ones. Ew. I'm not an animal hater, just a cat hater. Hey, you would be too if you had allergies like I do.

I guess to even it out and make this post not quite so dismal, I should say some good things that have happened. I'm no Pollyanna, but let's see what I can come up with.

-I finally got a doctor's appointment scheduled for Monday with whomever will be delivering Leighton.
-Eva and I played with chalk on the front porch yesterday, and she can actually draw lines. I'd like to think she is advanced. I'll post pictures of it later--it was very cute.
-That's all I can think of for now. I just wiped the dried boogers off Eva's nose and she is having a bit of a meltdown. And it's time to go to the doctor. Wish me luck. I promise I'll be more uplifting on my blog...someday.

4 comments:

Melissa Andreasen said...

It is hard to be optimistic when nothing seems to be going right. You have had quite the week full of sickness and disappointments. Just think how much stronger of a person and mother you will be when you do get through all of this and think back, "I actually did it". You are always welcome back here in Enid if you and Eva need a little vacation and there are lots of friends here to keep you both busy! The only down side is you would have to drive all three hours alone, but hey you drove with her by yourself to Texas!
Keep your head held high!

Ali said...

There is truth in the saying,

"When it rains, it pours!"

I hope you managed alright at the doctor's office. It's so disheartening to have a sick child. Blah, I'm sorry. I hope she is on the mend soon and that you're able to escape to the library.

Happy Anniversary, by the way :)

Amanda said...

Just so you know, the memorial is today in Milton, and the funeral is Friday, June 6, in Bountiful, UT. I hope that helps you make your plans. I don't know specifics on the funeral, just when it is. Sorry you had such a cruddy week!

Elise said...

Stray cats...I'm always afraid that they're carrying nasty viruses. We have this stray cat that dashes INSIDE our house whenever the door is left slightly open. Then we yell and it fears for its life.