Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sleeping like a log

On Thursday evening, I was trying to wake Leighton up to feed him. No matter what I did - rubbing his feet with an ice cube for a second or two, taking his clothes off, changing his diaper, singing...he was out like a light and refusing to wake up. So we decided to put him in the tub.
He stayed asleep. Splashing water on his cheeks and stomach, scrubbing his head with a washcloth...it didn't faze him a bit.
Finally, after we got him out of the tub, he opened his eyes and woke up a little.
But he seemed pretty annoyed at us over the whole thing. Don't worry, he got over it as soon as the milk hit his mouth.

4 comments:

Elise said...

What a hoot! I hope he sleeps that well for you at night!

Unknown said...

He is so cute!! Stephanie how I wish you lived close so we could talk about motherhood together. You are amazing you still blog, I have been struggling in that department. Well I think you look great, I have 20 more pounds to lose, and its been how long. I really need to start running. Well You little boy is adorable.

Emily said...

That is too funny! I can't imagine a child sleeping through a bath! Joseph used to fall asleep while nursing, but it didn't take much to wake him. Fun story!

Lindsay said...

haha that's hilarious! Ty was never that deep of a sleeper. Oh how I wish :). He is so cute!