Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mama

Just a few minutes ago, I went downstairs to grab something. Eva was sleeping (or so I thought) in the game room, and I planned to sneak past her. As I walked down the stairs, I saw her little pajama-clad figure standing in her Pack'n'Play. "Mama! Mama!" she cried excitedly. Well, seeing as how she has just barely started saying my name this week, (is that normal for an almost 17-month old?? She says tons of other words, but only just now Mama made the list...) my hearted melted and I couldn't help but go over to her. I kissed her and talked to her for a minute. She told me she wanted to go outside and play (swinging outside on the swingset is her obsession right now), and I promised her we would swing tomorrow.

I don't ever want to forget the sound of her little voice saying that most precious of names - Mama. I am so happy to have that title, and nothing in the world makes me happier than to hear her say it.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

"Mama" at 17 months is great. It's rarely the first word for any kid. Plus, Eva's got how many signs??? She's amazing!