Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring cleaning lives on, and my new drug

It's not that I haven't been spring cleaning. It's just that my energy for it petered out just a little. So I have no pictures. But I did the bathrooms (halfheartedly) yesterday. They were organized, just not deep cleaned. But I'm not too worried, because I deep clean them every other week. Today was the kids bedrooms. I did Eva's closet, which took all of about 5 minutes. I had already sorted through all their clothes a couple months ago, so there wasn't much work to be done - just emptying the drawers and putting things back where they belong. I didn't get to Leighton's closet. But I have a really good excuse.

It's called Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver.

I simply can't put it down. It's not an adventure novel with a dazzling plot, by any means. But it is TRUE. This book is true. It's not scripture or anything, but it's as close as secular literature gets, I'm convinced. More to come later...right now I'm going to read some more. But READ THIS BOOK. It most likely will change your life. It certainly has mine.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so excited you are reading Kingsolver. I love her. You should read the Poisonwood Bible. I thought it was excellent.

Brittany Stone said...

I read the book and have been looking for a nice little farm to settle down on ever since. Of course being in the military that won't happen any time soon but I'm still lookin'.
Don't give up on the cleaning or else I won't get mine done. Your my inspiration!