Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Some days...


Some days, the sun never makes an appearance, and normally that doens't bother me. But sometimes it does.

Some days, I start the day out with a list of things to do and a certain amount of energy. But by the time afternoon rolls around, I glare at my list with hatred and anger and don't feel like doing anything.

Some days, I can't think of anything for the kids to do. My mind is exhausted, so I flop on the couch in a reclined position and let them slide down my legs like I'm a human playground. For 30 minutes.

Some days, I have good leftovers in the fridge for dinner, but I'm too lazy to warm them up (and don't want to create more dishes to wash). So we have cold cereal for dinner.

Some days, no matter how many times I pick up the toys, I still go to bed with the house looking like a tornado hit.

Some days, the piles of clean laundry threaten to overtake the house. So I shut the laundry room door and try to pretend clothing doesn't exist.

Some days I sit and read to the kids forever, and although I know it's a good thing to do, I feel like I should be doing something more productive.

Some days, being a mom is really stinking hard.

Some days are like yesterday.
But today is a new day. I WILL mop the kitchen floor, if it's the last thing I do. I will get the clean laundry folded AND put away. I may not do everything right, and I might lost my patience a couple times, and there might still be legos strewn across the floor by 8pm. But I'm just going to keep trying.

3 comments:

Samye said...

Amen.

I told my husband last night that the government should have some sort of "homemaker package" where you get paid. You get paid per child every year. That way when some days are really hard you can just remember that you are getting paid to do this... whereas right now my reminder is that I have been given these kiddos/monsters for a reason and I have to do the best that I can.

Excited to have you in Vegas, then we can have those days together

Brittani said...

what else are you going to do? If you figure it out please let me know!

Leah said...

I seems to me that by the end of the day sometimes you end up ahead and other days you are much farther behind than an the beginning of the day. Hope today is better!