Wednesday, February 17, 2010

One month

Today is exactly one month since the last time I blogged. Not much has changed since then. My hair is a little longer, and I got a pretty necklace from my father-in-law for Valentine's Day (both pictured above). I still have really fat cheeks (also pictured above. Thanks, Dad, for that genetic gift.) I didn't mean to go this long without talking to you, but now that it's an anniversary of sorts...I'm back. Andrew left yesterday, for the first time in a while. He's going to be gone a long time. So I made a goal to blog every day while he's gone.

For my first post of many consecituve posts, here is a bit of news:

We are moving to Las Vegas! There is a "For Rent" sign up in our front yard, and we have put an offer on a beautiful house (with a gigantic kitchen) in Las Vegas. We won't be moving until June, so we still (thankfully) have a little while here. Andrew is making a permanent change of careers and switching to one that won't require him to watch his children grow up on Skype. We put a lot of prayer into this decision and feel very good about it for our family. (We made the decision around the first of January.) Obviously I have mixed emotions, as I LOVE it here. We have some amazing friends waiting for us in Vegas, and I can't wait to live near them again. I'm just trying not to think about the moment when I actually physically drive away from Washington and my beautiful house with the green kitchen, never to see it again. It makes me sad, even with all the wonderful things we have to look forward to. In the desert. Where is never rains and I will probably sweat every single day. Eww. But my husband will live with me almost every day of the year, and I will sacrifice any amount of sweat for that.

Next bit of news: Andrew and I recently went on a cruise with my skinny sister Lindsay and her husband Kenny. (I feel like I should add in an adjective for Kenny after saying Lindsay is skinny. Buff Kenny. Funny Kenny. Fair?) We left from Galveston on the first of February, leaving all 4 grandchildren with my mom.

We had a fabulous time. 2 chilly and windy and non-tropical days at sea where I wished I had brought more than one sweatshirt, one stop in Progreso where we visited the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza, one stop in Cozumel where we lounged on the beach with chips and guacamole and virgin strawberry daquiris, one night of me throwing up, one unfortunate accident where aerodynamic Andrew went down a water slide and put his toes through the grate at the bottom and lost most of the skin off his feet, many hours of playing Nertz and Hand & Foot, lots of yummy food (and I mean LOTS), and lots of laughing.

I was smart this morning and blogged before the kids woke up. It seems that may be the only way to make this daily-blogging goal possible. So expect to see more morning posts from me for the next month. I'm off to do more laundry and avoid the guilt from my NEVER working out anymore. Those fat cheeks aren't going anywhere any time soon.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

We're so excited for you to come to Vegas!! (The good thing about living in the desert is that there are very few bugs...I haven't seen more than five since we've been here.) Can't wait til June!

Unknown said...

I actually tried to call your phone on Monday and got some random dude, but I am just thrilled you're moving here. Too good to be true, but it is, yay!! Get your swim suit body on (haha..or prego belly on) because we'll be going to the pool a LOT!!
Can't wait!

Charity said...

Wow. That is some big new. You are moving, Andrew is changing his job! What will he be doing? I'm so glad you got to go on a fun cruise- luv ya:)

Chels said...

Glad you're back! I can't wait for you to be closer. Can't wait for the updates!

Samye said...

Yeah! So excited to have you here!! Geezz, after reading all the comments you do have a lot of friends here~ Where is the home that you put an offer on? Would love to hear all the details!!

Brittani said...

welcome back long lost sister in law. So, when do we get to see you again?

Lacking Productivity said...

I feel like we should be best-ies. Seriously. You are so cool. (And I hope you have a fab life in Vegas and blog about it every step of the way. I have had family in and out of Vegas for years, and they all have had great things to say about living there).

Elise said...

Vegas! That is big news! My friend Tiffany is moving there with her hubby and two kids in June as well. Maybe you guys can be friends!

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Okay, so first...you dont have fat cheeks so shut your trap. Second, I am glad you had an awesome time on your trip. Third, I am glad you are back though because I have been going through Stephanie withdrawls and NEED to hang out with you. And lastly, I am so excited for YOU that you are moving but sad for ME that you will be gone! :o(