Sunday, November 16, 2008

Introducing solids, and Eva's penmanship

Introducing...it sounds so pleasant. Not in Leighton's estimation. He hates solids...as you can tell from the pictures. "What the heck is this nasty stuff? Are you seriously expecting me to swallow this crap??"


Posted by PicasaIf you look in the above picture, you will notice how Eva holds her pen. I don't know how she figured this out already, but every time she picks up a pen, she carefully places her fingers as you see them there. And, unlike other children who draw big, scribbling circles all over, she draws tiny little marks that almost look like hieroglyphics. That recipe card she's drawing on is my favorite piece of art in our home - I think I'll save it forever.

4 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Oh my gosh that is hysterical! Look at the expression on his face!! Poor guy! That stuff is nasty though...have you tasted it? I feel so bad for babies. He is thinking "come on mom, bring on the steak and potatoes!" Hang in there Leighton!

Stacey said...

Those pictures crack me up!! He's getting so big, I can't believe it. He's so cute. Those are the kind of pictures you can use for blackmailing when he's 17 and doesn't want to take out the trash or something. :)

Lisa said...

Those pictures are darling, and so funny! I love Eva's artwork too.

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Thats hilarious! He is a cutie