Thursday, March 12, 2009

Why I like Twitter

I recently started Twittering. I have thought about this long and hard for a couple months now. I wasn't sure if I wanted to start something that just might end up being a waste of time and pull me from other, more productive, things. In Andrew's absence, I have a lot more time on the computer. (When he's home, I just want to be with him and don't think much about my internet life.)
But let me tell you why I'm hooked on it, for now. Because it's addictive to think in snippets. On a blog, you are expected (for the most part) to write a full, cohesive thought. Paragraphs are standard. But in Twitter, you can just write down any old thing you are thinking. Writing down little, random thoughts like that is totally fun. Just answering the question "What are you doing?" can lead to thinking in a different way about your life.
However, I don't know how consistent I will be with tweeting when Andrew gets home - TONIGHT!!! - because I will probably abandon my alter-ego of being an internet junkie the second he walks in the door. But for today, I really love Twitter. Try it - but only if you have nothing better to do.

No comments: