Friday, April 1, 2011

This is not an April Fool's joke.

I really am posting, for real. Also, although this is a bad day to tell people about a goal because they'll think you're kidding, I have a resolution to post every day this month. I might take Sundays off, I'm not sure yet. They say it's easier to do something every day than once a week, so I'm going to try. And I'm not kidding.


So, remember when I had a baby? I remember. Then one day, just a few short days ago, Andrew accidentally hacked his hair off and turned him into Rulon Gardner. Not a joke either. (Also, he has roseola in this picture.)
His head feels prickly like a teenager, and I'm sad. My last baby, and now his babyhood is gone. (Side note to Monique: Andrew and I are both a little freaked out by how he looks like Lincoln these days! Do you agree?)

Another thing that is not a joke: It is 90 degrees today. Vegas is playing a trick and making it feel like July. But it's not funny to me. Oh no, I am NOT a summer lover. I max out on patience around 82 degrees. I could never have been a successful pioneer. We went to the park so Eva and Leighton could watch other kids cool off in the splash pad. They've never been big social participants...even in the heat. Maybe they cooled off by proxy?


So that's it for my Blog Month Day 1. Peace out. I'll be back tomorrow.

7 comments:

Brittani said...

ok seriously he looks so different, and his hair is sooo light. I think I need to kiss his cheeks again real soon!

Elise said...

I'm looking forward to all the posts!

Cam said...

yesssss. Dean looks so old! And skinnier with his short hair! He was so much chubbier a few days ago :)

Chels said...

Good to hear from you. Can't wait to see you guys and meet my little nephew.

Lindsay said...

oh my heck i can't believe i still have never met that cute boy. he's so grown up now already!!

Monique said...

As soon as I saw Dean's picture I thought, "Oh, how cute! and old" That means there's been too much time between posting pictures of him. BUt, I love his haircut!!! And I totally thought he looks like Lincoln, well when Link was a baby I guess. Don't hate angry birds too much. Just be grateful there are some times when Leighton isn't bothering you to entertain him. btw, write me back. I did email you ya know.

Kimberly said...

Hooray, you're blogging again. Dean's hair really is so light. Man I can't wait to hang out with your kids again! And you, too.