Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Saint Conference.


That's what Eva calls General Conference. I must say, it was absolutely FABULOUS. The best yet. It left me with much to think about and motivation to improve myself. But that's for another post, or possibly my journal. What I wanted to report is that...I finished binding my quilts. You may remember this quilt. As I looked at that link I realized I finished binding it EXACTLY one year after that post! Coincidence? Yes, but a cool one. Anyway, after I finished the top, I sent it to my amazing mother, who is now the proud owner of a quilting machine. She quilted with the CUTEST pattern ever, it's perfect. She sent it to me shortly after Dean's birth. The boy is now 7 months, and still it sat.


In the meantime (last summer), I had started another quilt for Dean. The top came together quickly, and my mom quilted it and sent it at the same time as the first. Knowing my laziness in finishing projects, I just decided to go ahead and wash and use them, unbound. (Trashy, I know.)


But during conference, with all those hours of sitting and watching television, I had to put my idle hands to work. And I'm so glad I did.


That night, I covered Dean up with his new, finally completed quilt, and I felt so accomplished. See? Conference worked. I'm improving already.


(Picture of full completed quilts to come...someday.)

3 comments:

Chels said...

Can't wait to see them. I have a few I need to just start. Someday I will have the time again.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

You are so crafty! I should have learned from you while I had the chance!

Christine said...

What does your mom charge for quilting?