Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Body image

I don't always love the way my body looks.
That's probably normal, given my gender and stage in life, but it's still not very fun.


I go througyh cycles of self-hate like the next woman. Especially my knees - I really hate my knees. I can live with fat thighs - rare is the woman who has skinny thighs - but knees? Totally different story.


This month I have recommitted myself to working out every morning, and it's been great so far. With my current hormonal situation, I am totally and completely unable to lose weight or change the shape of my body in any way, although I am in fairly good shape. It's frustrating, and I have my days of quitting and wolfing down ice cream to make myself feel better. (It doesn't work.) But I know that, regardless of results, exercise makes me feel good. So I do it anyway.


But I wanted to share these two articles that have given me a lot to think about, and some new thoughts to think as I look in the mirror every morning. See what you think.



1 comment:

Kel said...

Hi Steph! I have really enjoyed reading all of your blog posts lately. Your kids are so grown up, and darling. You look great! Love ya. -Kellie