Monday, July 6, 2009

Houston

-It's hot. Beyond hot. And with my intense hatred of sweating, I am having a grand time. UGH. I love WA all the more.
-The plane ride here was HELL. There is no other way of putting it. All my fears of flying with two kids alone were completely justified, and more. I am terrified for our journey home at the end of the week.
-We have now all 3 suffered from the flu. The throwing up kind, not the swine kind. I detest vomiting more than I detest sweating. All this laundry, and I'm not even at my own house.
-A wonderful, and probably my most meaningful, 4th of July ever. I felt especially touched (and bawled my head off) at the neighborhood's mini parade's presentation of the national anthem. I feel so proud to be married to one of our country's heroes. (And Ali, thank you for your sweet and timely email. I love your guts.)
-Watched Eva form her deepest friendship of her life with cousin Ty. She is so sad now that he has gone home. So am I.
-Have been eating horribly. My normally healthy eating lifestyle is gone. As I knew it would be - healthy food isn't really a part of the Andersen household. But I kind of like it that way. And Bluebell ice cream? Our reunion was sweet indeed.
-Spent lots of time at the pool. I got burned the first day and have worn a t-shirt in the water ever since. I guess I'm past the point of life where a nice tan is important to me. A good farmer's tan, though, is my new specialty.
-Got to talk to Andrew this morning on Skype and saw his face for the first time in 8 days. He is growing a mustache, which is ugly. But he is more handsome than I remember and it gave me butterflies to talk to him - just like the old days of dating. See, deployment isn't all bad. :) I miss him like crazy.
-Have lots of pics to post but no motivation to do so on my family's computer. But I'm glad to be with my family for a good visit. I especially love seeing them with my kids. My blogging time has been taken over by swimming, vomiting, eating high fructose corn syrup, and enjoying my favorite people. Not a bad trade, wouldn't you agree?

4 comments:

Elise said...

So we were thinking of applying for jobs in Houston and Dallas. You wouldn't recommend it then? :)

Glad you guys are better. I hate being sick on vacation.

Jacob Miller said...

At least all my fears of flying with kids didn't come true....

Child sneaks off, makes way into cockpit, pushes on yoke and sends plane hurdling into large mountain. My epitaph reads "that one kid's parent."

Monique said...

High fructose corn syrup is our friend, just embrace it with love. And here is your motivation for posting pictures- I want to see them!!! Sorry about the plane and the flu, but it sounds like you're having fun now. don't worry, nothing too fun is going on here. Enjoy not having a calling for a little bit longer. :) Tell Andrew hello for us.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

So sorry to hear the plane ride was not a good one. I hope and pray your trip home goes better. I am glad ya'll are feeling better now from the flu. That stinks you had it over vacation. Enjoy the rest of your time there! Cant wait to see ya'll when you get back! Love and miss you!