Monday, October 19, 2009

Sick season is upon us in FULL force.


Tonight I was making a last-minute dinner of pancakes, and both kids were freaking out wanting me to hold them. (Oh, how I love dinner times without Andrew. Cooking a real meal is no small miracle.) I appeased them with frozen blueberries (their favorite treat) and enjoyed a few minutes of silence.

Then Eva came in the kitchen and said, "Mama, I'm sick. But I don't want medicine." And then added cheerfully, "Thank you, though!" I laughed harder than I had all day. I hadn't even offered her medicine. That girl sure HATES medicine.
Midway through FHE at our friend's house, she started running a fever (I think) and got really lethargic and tired. We immediately left for home and I put her down to bed.

Sick kids - the bane of my existence. I know it's terrible, but more than feeling sympathy for Eva I feel resentment that I'll have to miss boxing class tomorrow. I'm sure I'm supposed to learn something from all of this. Patience, maybe?

5 comments:

AnnEE said...

What's the countdown until Andrew gets home??????

Ali said...

I love the color of your daughter's hair.

Frozen blueberries? Really?! What a great idea. Do you buy them fresh and then freeze them? Or do you just buy a frozen bag? Do they just pop them in their mouth straight from the freezer?

I'm so sorry they're sick. As Eliza was upchucking last week, she insisted that I give her medicine a.s.a.p. She was mad when I didn't have anything for her upset stomach.

Elise said...

Darn it! We have colds, but no fever/stomach bugs. I hope it isn't the swine flu!

Annie. said...

I'm so sorry! I hope they get better soon. I'm hoping we can keep Eli from Swine Flu this winter...

Chels said...

Hope you all get feeling better soon.