Saturday, August 1, 2009

Here's to you, fans.

I would just like to give a shout out to fans.

Not fans as in people who love me. (Although if there are any of you out there reading this, I guess I'll include a shout out to you to.)

I'm talking about fans that blow air. Of the electronic variety. Fans of all kinds. Ceiling fans, box fans, tower fans. We have them all here in our house, and I must say that I would have lost my life without them the last few days. Although they aren't quite air conditioning, I won't knock them. I came within inches of losing my sanity on numerous occasions during the past HOT week, and sometimes the only thing that stopped my tears and dried my sweat was standing right in the path of a blessed fan.

Dear fans, I will never forget your many kindnesses to me. Although I do wish you could find a way to convert the hot air into cold air, at no extra charge to me. Thank you.

3 comments:

Chanel said...

Come visit me and sit in my newly redone a/c. It is never hotter tan 72 and I keep a blanket near 24/7. Also, thanks for the shout out to me- your fan!

Ali said...

I'm a fan.

A fan of this blog. A fan of your awesome personality. And a fan of your cute family.

The frustration on my end (regarding the heat) is that my husband doesn't want me to turn the AC on ever... he would like it kept at 80 degrees. It's caused a marital rift :) It's a good thing he's gone at work most of the time. :)

Elise said...

I still can't believe you didn't put A/C in your new house. Sadness.

I don't have A/C in my 100-year-old apartment, so we use fans too. They make sleeping soooo much better in the summer!