Saturday, June 27, 2009

Finally, the unreliability of the military has worked in our favor!

Andrew was supposed to leave on Thursday to head out to the desert for his 4 1/2 months of patriotic duty.

But, thanks to the ever-changing schedule of the military, we got a few extra days together. We have not wasted it.
He leaves tomorrow night now, but I think I'm ready. We had our gift of 4 extra days, and I'm so grateful. Tonight is his last night sleeping here until November. Although we will miss him terribly, I really feel peace that the Lord will not leave us alone during this trial. Wish us luck.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Lots of love and prayers to all of you! You will definitely not be left alone. Hey, you'll always have a diet buddy, at least!! Hugs!

Elisa said...

I know it will be hard, but you can do it. WE are always here to hang out with, and with us working out like crazy, the time will fly by, and you'll be an even Hotter Mama when he comes home!

Annie. said...

That is wonderful. What a blessing. Of course we will keep you in our prayers.

Charity said...

I'm glad you got a few extra days! You sound good, and ready- I'm so happy for you. I can't agree more with how much older your baby looks with shoes, he is dang cute.

Brittani said...

I love that picture! We will be there soon to keep you busy and insane!

Chels said...

Priceless pic. Can't wait to come keep you company