Sunday, April 27, 2008

A new kind of soup...

There have been a few times since I have met Andrew that he has made me cry--always accidentally, due to his naturally insensitive nature. But there have been many, MANY times that he has made me cry because I am laughing so hard that tears are streaming down my face. And one of those times was tonight at dinner. I had made Ugly Chicken, one of our favorites. (I will include the full recipe below for those who are interested.) As we were sitting there eating, Andrew says out of the blue, "How would you feel looking down from heaven and seeing yourself being cooked and eaten with cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and cream of chicken? Or cream of human." After a few seconds, I registered what he had said. CREAM OF HUMAN? Where did he come up with that? Even as I type this, I have to keep stopping because laughter is overtaking my body. What a weirdo I married. I love it.

Ugly Chicken

1 package cream cheese
1 packet Italian seasoning
1 can cream of chicken soup
Enough chicken to feed your family--we do about 6 tenders, give or take--this recipe is very forgiving

Mix all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours. Serve over rice.

Tips: I mix everything but the chicken in a bowl beforehand so that it doesn't turn out clumpy. I also grease the crock pot in case the bottom feels inclined to burn.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Ok, I am sorry, but I just have to ask, where did the name some from? It sounds good. Thanks for the tip.