Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday #4

Today marks 4 weeks since we arrived in Las Vegas. Our 4th week living out of suitcases and carting everything from place to place. We are staying at the Culvers' house again while they are out of town. We are grateful for generous friends who shelter our homeless selves and save us lots of money on hotels. As we pulled our suitcases in yet again last night, both Andrew and I remarked how utterly tired we are of this. We are really hoping to close this week. Otherwise I'm running away to stay with family somewhere and not coming back until I have a home. :) I'm not trying to be a complainer, but it will be so nice to have a home to call our own.

We had to take Eva to the doctor on Saturday and found out that she has a UTI. I was so relieved just to get a diagnosis and some antibiotics to help the poor thing feel better. Her medicine tastes disgusting and she has to take it twice a day, but she has been so brave and good about it. Medicine is a REAL struggle with her, so this is truly a miracle that she's taking it well.

Yesterday Andrew and I watched the PBS documentary "Faces of America." I highly recommend it - it was awesome. It made us both want to learn more about our family history. Also, that we had enough money to have our DNA examined.

3 comments:

Deidra said...

Has it really been 4 weeks already?? I can't believe you've already been gone for a month. (I'm sure you can believe it, from the evidence of living in a hotel). Andon still talks about your kids often and wishes Eva and Leighton could play. I wish you could play too. :) Hope you get your home soon!

Chels said...

I hope you get your house soon!! I know it's tough to be in limbo and you just want to settle. We can't wait to see you guys. Good luck!

Elise said...

Poor Eva! No fun.

I'm loving your frequent blog posts :).